Sunday, May 3, 2009

90s movies PLUS quilting EQUALS...


I watch a lot of old movies when I quilt.  I think this quilt picked up a little too much of the 90's vibe from  Sleepless in Seattle.  (I also watch "Bones" episodes on hulu.com, I hope that doesn't start appearing in my baby quilts!)

The quilt top is an improv log cabin, offset by the final layer of log


The greens in this quilt turned out to be more dominant than I had expected.  It reminds be of the hot pink and neon green spandex shorts my mom made for me in the early 90's (back when I was young and thin thighed, obviously).  Also, the 90's are making a comeback, right?

Apparently not everyone has such associations with these colors though, because I did get some nice compliments on the colors. 


I did really like the texture of this quilt post-topstitching and a trip through the dryer.  Look at the picture below, don't you just wish you could reach through your computer screen and touch it???  The stitching is in black, green, and pink.


I think I've become addicted to pieced quilt backs.  It's like the quilt has a secret.


Lastly, I should note that this was my first attempt at incorporating rick-rack into a quilt, and I think it went well.  Below you can see one of the places I used it:


Now go put in a good Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan flick... you know you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment